Living Your Yoga

In my previous post I wrote that I was choosing not to buy a book because I was in a place of exploring on my own. As 'coincidence' would have it, I came across a copy of that book. I put aside my judgements and ego and decided that perhaps there were some lessons in that book that could assist me, as long as I maintained my own true path and did not take on a role that sounded good but really, didn't fit.

So I have started reading "Living Your Yoga" by Judith Lasater. I am enjoying it as much as having a conversation with a like-minded friend. This book was brought to me to clarify the path that I am on, to deepen my understanding of what I already know, and to state some truths simply and eloquently, such as this paragraph on page 6:

"..spiritual seeking is not what we do outwardly, but what we acknowledge inwardly. To practice yoga in the deepest sense is to commit to developing awareness by observing our lives: our thoughts, our words, and our actions. There are many yoga techniques that can support us along the way, such as yoga poses, breathing practices, and meditation. But these are not ends in themselves, but means to the Self. The real beginning of spiritual practice is evident when we accept responsibility for ourselves, that is, when we acknowledge that ultimately there are no answers outside of ourselves, and no gurus, no teachers, and no philosophies that can solve the problems of our lives. They can only suggest, guide and inspire. It is our dedication to living with open hearts and our commitment to the day-to-day details of our lives that will transform us. When we are open to the present moment, we shine forth. At these times, we are not on a spiritual path: we are the spiritual path."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quote by Ramona L Anderson

labels

Release