Affirmations

Affirmations are often overlooked as being "too easy - they can't possibly work". If that's what you think, then you're right. And wrong. Yes, they are easy, but they can work. The trick is to "fake it until you make it".

Affirmations involve repeating positive phrases to yourself, either silently, or aloud, frequently throughout the day. Just after you wake up and just before you go to sleep are powerful times to do this, as well as throughout the day - especially when you are facing a challenging situation. (This happened to me this weekend. I was having a conversation with someone close to me who was very upset and was starting to verbally attack me. I have a long history with this person and I knew that this was not their true nature. Instead of going into my past habit of getting defensive, I said to myself "I communicate clearly and with love". This mantra played in my head while the person spoke a little longer. Their pain became clear to me and I realised that I was not the source of that pain. I was able to comfort that person while stating clearly my position and we both felt good.)

The phrase needs to be something you want to work on to improve your life, and it must be stated in the positive and the present. Examples:

"I am full of peace."
"I am healed, whole and healthy."
"Money comes to me effortlessly."
"Love fills my life and is guiding me now."

Even if you don't feel these things, keep saying them. These statements will work on your subconscious to bring the changes into your everyday life effortlessly. You may notice subtle shifts in your attitude, or major changes in other areas. Whatever it is that you need, will be provided, in fact, that is one of my favourite affirmations:

"All that I need, will be provided."

This helps me to relax, let go and let God/Spirit/Source/whatever you prefer to call the Force that guides us all (I prefer "God" - in a spiritual sense, not a religious one), show me the way. It's been very powerful for me and helped me to deepen my Faith and connection to God as I have been provided me with some very interesting, challenging and wonderful lessons and detours on my Path.

One example of when I used affirmations was during my third pregnancy. My first labour had been 22 hours, my second was 13 hours. I wanted a much shorter labour the third time around! In the last half of that third pregnancy, I increased the use of affirmations like:
"When my baby is ready, he is born quickly and healthfully and peacefully."
He was born in under 5 hours! A beautiful birth and a beautiful baby boy.

Ooh - I'm so excited about this new bit... We share our area with sandflies and some other biting bugs. As I don't like to put chemicals on my skin, I usually use light, long-sleeved shirts and long pants to prevent bites if I'm out at a time when the bugs would be biting. (Low tide when the air is still.) The weather was so nice last week and I just forgot to cover up when I went outside to hang out washing early in the morning. So I paid for it in the form of some itchy bites. These were really bugging me last night and I got up and put some diluted tea-tree oil on them. When I went back to bed, they still seemed to be itchy so I started saying "I have smooth, soft skin" over and over. It helped a bit, but then I changed it to "Thank You for my smooth soft skin." By the second affirmation, the itchy had completely stopped. Wow! I was blown away. Adding gratitude to my affirmation made them even more effective.

Affirmations can work, I believe that, and I have had them work for me on many other occasions. If we can use them to see ourselves as the Peace that creates the Peace Ripples, imagine the effect we can have on the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quote by Ramona L Anderson

labels

Release